Friday, March 1, 2013

Never!

I was touched by a talk I read by President Monson this morning.  I testify that President Monson is indeed a prophet of God.  He starts out by sharing an experience of being in an art gallery and comes across the picture by Frank Bramely.  I've posted this picture.  It is a wife who weeps in the lap of her mother-in-law after losing her husband at sea.


President Monson then gives a wonderful sermon on how our Savior has conquered death.  I was deeply touched in the talk about a letter from a father who lost his son whose faith in Jesus was so strong.


Last summer, not long after Jason’s 15th birthday, he was once again admitted to the hospital. On one of his visits to see Jason, his father found him with his eyes closed. Not knowing whether Jason was asleep or awake, he began talking softly to him. “Jason,” he said, “I know you have been through a lot in your short life and that your current condition is difficult. Even though you have a giant battle ahead, I don’t ever want you to lose your faith in Jesus Christ.” He said he was startled as Jason immediately opened his eyes and said, “Never!” in a clear, resolute voice.  Jason then closed his eyes and said no more.
His father wrote: “In this simple declaration, Jason expressed one of the most powerful, pure testimonies of Jesus Christ that I have ever heard. …As his declaration of ‘Never!’ became imprinted on my soul that day, my heart filled with joy that my Heavenly Father had blessed me to be the father of such a tremendous and noble boy. … [It] was the last time I heard him declare his testimony of Christ.”

May we have this same faith and "Never" lose faith in our Savior, Jesus Christ.

No comments: