Saturday, March 2, 2013

My testimony of the Atonement


How have you gained a testimony of the Atonement?

I can still recall the sweet cleansing feeling that burned within my soul as I knelt near a grove of trees near my home one evening as I completed the repentance process.  I knelt and prayed in gratitude to my loving Heavenly Father.  I felt the cleansing power, it allowed me to move on to what the Savior and my Heavenly Father wanted, needed me to do.  The repentance process is a continuous process that I've had to apply in my life.  It is a perfect process that works, it lifts, it completes, and makes one whole.

It does not matter at what level you are in your life, whether you've strayed so far off the straight and narrow path, or if you are slightly distracted, or taken a few steps off the path, or you are right on the right path headed in the right direction - the repentance process applies, and the Atonement can lift and carry us to our eternal destination of peace and happiness.

Have you applied the Atonement in you life today? If not, why not?  Have you looked to your Savior and asked him to apply the wonderful gift of Love given to you today? Why not?
"Come unto me all ye ends of the earth, buy milk and honey, without money and without price."

I know I can do the will of the Father because of this precious gift. "He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength.  Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall:  But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles;  they shall run, and not be weary;  and they shall walk, and not faint."

No comments: