Monday, March 25, 2013

Are you forgetful?

I think I am one of the most forgetful people around.  I'll commit to be somewhere, or do something for someone, and at times I'll just get so busy and forget.

A couple of years ago an created a post talking about how important the word of "Remember".   This morning I was reading in the book "Teachings of Lorenzo Snow" and came across these profound words:

  "We frequently, in the multitude of cares around us, get forgetful and these things are not before us, then we do not comprehend that the gospel is designed and calculated in its nature to bestow upon us those things that will bring glory, honor, and exhalation, that will bring happiness,  peace and glory.  We are apt to forget these things in the midst of the cares and vexations of life, and we do not fully understand that it is our privilege, and that the Lord has placed it in our reach to pursue that gospel whereby we may have peace within us continually....  Where is the man that will turn aside and throw away those prospects that are embraced in the gospel which we have received?  In it there is satisfaction, there is joy, there is stability, there is something upon which to rest our feet, there is a sure foundation to build upon, and upon which to yield that which is required of us."

Something what helps me in my forgetfulness is routines.  When I establish regular routines to do things like daily prayer and daily scripture study,  I do a better job at remembering.  When was the last time you  attended a regular religious meeting?  Have you forgot what it is like to be spiritual?  When was the last time you said a prayer and read and pondered scripture?

No comments: