Sunday, March 17, 2013

As God is, Man may be.....

Lorenzo Snow, a latter-day prophet stated:

"... and the Lord revealed to me, just as plainly as the sun at noon-day, this principle, which I put in a couplet:  As man now is, God once was.  As God now is, man may be."

I've pondered this statement this week.  I was attending the LDS temple and I decided while I was learning I'd look at things from a different perspective.  Instead of looking at life from my own perspective, I imagined, "what if I were God.. how would I go about "bringing to pass the immortality and eternal life of man?"  How would I help my children grow and progress?  How would I help them return to me?

It is interesting how things that you'd never consider enter your mind and heart when you look at things from another's perspective.  Although, I view myself in my own carnal state, "even less than dust of the earth" compared to my Heavenly Father, I've still been given the precious gift of creating another earthly life, and am an earthly Father.  I can relate somewhat, and I have an incredible amount of love for my children and want to live with them forever.

I'm not going to relate all that I learned as I've pondered these questions as if I was a  Heavenly Father, but I'd encourage you go through the same exercise.  You'll probably learn new and different things than what I learned.  It may prompt you to ask and ponder on different questions.  A wise man once gave me an unexpected answer when asking him what I thought was a very deep question.  He said, "You're asking the wrong question."

No comments: