Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Full of patience?

So, it's been a long few weeks. I've started a new job and my days have been pretty full.  Today was another one.  It was late, I was practicing the violin with my oldest daughter to get ready for a recital.  I don't usually get this kind of time.  My wife calls for me to take a break.  "Did we really sound that bad?"....  yes, thus the practice.  Needless to say, I was tired, not ready to take a break.  I made my way into the family room and grabbed the scriptures to read with the kids.  The kids were not willingly participating, I was cranky and not in the best mood.  So while I'm reading I snap at one of my kids, then continue to read.  The very next words popped out and hit me: "...full of patience".  It was a verse I was reading that talked about the Savior.  Other attributes mentioned in the verse were: long suffering,  quick to hear the cries of his people, full of grace, mercy, truth and equity.  My wife smiled at me, I smiled back, "Looks like I need some more patience and long suffering"

No comments: