Monday, March 30, 2009

Remember, remember, and.... remember

In Mosiah 4:11 it reads:

11 And again I say unto you as I have said before, that as ye have come to the knowledge of the glory of God, or if ye have known of his goodness and have atasted of his love, and have received a bremission of your sins, which causeth such exceedingly great joy in your souls, even so I would that ye should remember, and always retain in remembrance, the greatness of God, and your own cnothingness, and his dgoodness and long-suffering towards you, unworthy creatures, and humble yourselves even in the depths of ehumility, fcalling on the name of the Lord daily, and standing gsteadfastly in the faith of that which is to come, which was spoken by the mouth of the angel.

I think the one of the most important words is this verse is remember. If I spent a little more time remembering who I am, who God is, who my wife is, who are those who have sacrificed in my behalf, who have gone on before me, I think it would help me put things in perspective. I am so absent-minded, and frankly, I think a lot of us are.

Up in Rock Creek, Wyoming there is a grave site for early pioneers who died on their journey to Zion from the Willie handcart company. There is a big rock monument that has the word "Remember" on it. This very word can cause reflection and pondering that can bring a variety of mixed emotions. I made the mistake of forgetting and not remembering how special and wonderful my wife is this past weekend.

No comments: