Monday, March 7, 2016

What Jesus taught.....

I'm going to start a multipart post on somethings that Jesus taught.  Back some years ago, while serving a LDS mission in Portugal I was taught to study the chapters in 3rd Nephi in the Book of Mormon to learn of what Jesus taught.  This past couple of weeks I started to jump into this section of the Book of Mormon again.  I started in chapter 3rd Nephi chapter 11.  This is the account of when Jesus Christ the Savior appears to the American people.  Just from this chapter alone I pulled out 6 different teachings.  I know there is even more than the 6 that I pulled out.  I'd like to talk about these 6 points.

1
The first point I pulled out was this: "He is Jesus Christ, the one who took on the sins of the world."  In 3 Nephi 11:11 in reads:


11 And behold, I am the light and the life of the world; and I have drunk out of that bitter cup which the Father hath given me, and have glorified the Father in taking upon me the sins of the world, in the which I have suffered the will of the Father in all things from the beginning.

Who is the world?  Is it not everyone who has lived, currently lives, and is yet to live on this earth?  Yes, indeed.  He took on all of it.  Because of what He did, it qualifies Him to be able to be the light and life of the world.  Are you experiencing dark times?  Do you need to get a life?  Look to Him, He is there and has the capacity to take on your burdens and trials and to understand you wholly and fully. He lifts and will take us all to a better place if we will allow Him to do so.  Don't lose hope and faith in this.

No comments: