Tuesday, July 1, 2008

wisdom from a worn out page

I was cleaning out my garage this past weekend. I came across a trunk of past memorabilia. Inside was a set of scriptures I used on a LDS mission that I served in Portugal. I decided to move this set of scriptures to our family room bookcase.

I decided to read from this set of scriptures and came across a ripped out page, ripped out due to wear and tear. It was Moroni chapter 10. In verse 3 it reads:

"Behold, I would exhort you that when ye shall read these things, if it be wisdom in God that ye should read them, that ye would remember how merciful the Lord hath been unto the children of men, from the creation of Adam even down until the time that ye shall receive these things, and ponder it in your hearts."

Life has got so busy and I've failed to set aside time to ponder. I believe this is such a powerful tool to strengthen and stay in touch with who we really are spiritually. I also believe it will bring us closer to our maker.

I read a great book called "The power of full engagement." It talks about creating routines in our life to help us be fully engaged. I believe setting some time aside and creating a routine to ponder would be very valuable to anyone.

No comments: