Monday, July 14, 2008

Not doing so well with my goals, I think I'll add one more.

At the first of the year I made some goals for myself that centered around the scripture Luke 2:52.

"And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and man”

I had made goals that helped with my intellect, my physical stature, my spirituality, and my social life. I just reviewed them today, and I haven't been doing so hot. If fact, I'm failing miserably. Well, I thought I'd add another one after hearing a quote from a co-worker's talk he gave yesterday in church. The author to this is unknown and it is called "Pause that Refreshes."

"I am the father of a large family. I go home tired from the routing of busy days. Before I cross the threshold, I pause. I reflect for just a moment to remember what may be inside. Someone probably broke a dish. The carpet sweeper may be out of order. There may be a broken arm. The neighbor may be phoning us about a paper our boy did not deliver. There may be children to jump on me for attention and love (maybe with jam on their hands) to tell me the important happenings of the day. So, I pause and repeat a prayer something like this: Oh, Father, may my presence in this home bring faith and a cheerful good evening to those I love. May my homecoming strengthen this home and bring us together, not tear us apart. Keep my voice even, that I may build confidence and respect in me as their father and their friend."

I thought this would be a great goal to add. To pause and say a prayer to my Father before I enter my home from where ever I may have been. To pray to my Father a similar prayer, and ask for strength to be as He would be and act as He would act.

As far as the rest of my goals..... I better repent.


No comments: