Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Come buy and eat..... without money

I read a favorite scripture in my studying this morning and the Spirit gave me a sweet reminder to re prioritize and "not spend money for that which is of no worth, nor your labor for that which cannot satisfy."

The scripture is found in 2 Nephi 9:50-51.

50 Come, my brethren, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters; and he that hath no money, come buy and eat; yea, come buy wine and milk without money and without price.
51 Wherefore, do not spend money for that which is of no worth, nor your labor for that which cannot satisfy. Hearken diligently unto me, and remember the words which I have spoken; and come unto the Holy One of Israel, and feast upon that which perisheth not, neither can be corrupted, and let your soul delight in fatness.

I bought a new home almost 2 years ago. Since, then I've been heavily consumed in putting a yard in, finishing a basement, and other miscellaneous things that demand time in owning a home. I've been obsessed with getting everything finished and done, and I have to admit that my focus on more important things in life have been put lower on my priority list. I believe in having a balanced life. Although I believe that having a balanced life is not difficult to achieve, it is really easy to lose focus and become unbalanced. God has great things he wants to reveal to us, and if we don't make it a priority, we lose on this great opportunity to gain wisdom and knowledge. In Ether 4:13-15 in reads:

13 Come unto me, O ye Gentiles, and I will show unto you the greater things, the knowledge which is hid up because of unbelief.
14 Come unto me, O ye house of Israel, and it shall be made manifest unto you how great things the Father hath laid up for you, from the foundation of the world; and it hath not come unto you, because of unbelief.
15 Behold, when ye shall rend that veil of unbelief which doth cause you to remain in your awful state of wickedness, and hardness of heart, and blindness of mind, then shall the great and marvelous things which have been hid up from the foundation of the world from you—yea, when ye shall call upon the Father in my name, with a broken heart and a contrite spirit, then shall ye know that the Father hath remembered the covenant which he made unto your fathers, O house of Israel.

In this scriptures, we are the Gentiles, and the house of Israel. What does it take to "rend that veil of unbelief?"

No comments: