Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Diligence brings joy

I was at BYU-Idaho last week, and while I was waiting for a co-worker to finish up an interview I noticed a quote in the Kimball building that pertained to diligence that I liked. It was a quote from the prophet Spencer W. Kimball. It said: "Diligence brings joy. We are not here for the fun of it. We are here for the joy of it, and we want to go forward and do our work as we should do it."

Since I've had this goal of learning how to apply more diligence in my life, I've been blessed to come across quotes, talks, and scriptures that talk about diligence. Just this morning in my my study I came across this scripture in Helaman. Samuel is talking about the Lamanites that were converted to the Lord, as he was preaching repentance to the Nephites. This is Helaman 15:6:

6 Yea, I say unto you, that the more part of them are doing this, and they are striving with aunwearied diligence that they may bring the remainder of their brethren to the knowledge of the truth; therefore there are many who do add to their numbers daily.

We truly are here on earth for the "joy of it". So let's get to work, for this is what truly brings joy into our life; serving others.

No comments: