Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Ever feel like this?

I read a scripture this morning that I feel fits me lately. It is in Hebrew 9:14:

How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

It seems like the sins of omission seem to grab me all too often. Life gets busy, and before you know it you realize that your prayers may have been rushed, and you haven't spent as much time studying the word of God. It is evident in the way you feel. You do not feel the Spirit as strong in your life. Then once again, the Savior, Jesus Christ and his infinite atonement come to the rescue. I am so grateful for a Savior who gave his life, bled for me, so that I may become one with God. It will take a lifetime for me to get there, but, as I heard in a testimony last month, "I'm an imperfect person with a perfect opportunity."

No comments: