Monday, July 13, 2009

ouch!

Had great weekend up at Bear Lake with Stacie and her family. Did some golfing, swimming, beach volleyball, snorkeling, and of course shakes! This year, Stacie's brother brought up a new game. He had rigged up a golf flag on a plank of wood, and tied it down with a weight. It would float on the water. The idea was to hit golf balls into the water. The water is so clear, it is easy to snorkel and retrieve them. Sounds like a fun activity right? Well, it was until, something happened while I was snorkeling for golf balls. Stacie's brother, Clint was going to chip a few balls into the water while me and Justin (Stacie's other brother) would snorkel for them. It is just a simple chip shot, no worries right? The floating flag was about 75 yards out. Clint tees up a ball on the sand. Well, he hit a line drive, and it was heading straight for me. I was standing up with water being about waist high. The ball did one skip on the water, then hit me right in the stomach. You could say, "why didn't you dodge it?" I had flippers on, which made it difficult to move, and it was coming really fast. I didn't want to risk ducking and getting knocked in the head, I didn't want to turn and get hit in the ribs. So I tightened up my stomach and took it. I bent over in extreme pain when it struck me.... yeah that's going to leave a mark. I've got a battle wound to show off now.




1 comment:

maustad said...

That looks like the golf ball was traveling too fast to just take it. But if you were the flag I'd call it as close to a hole in one as you can get.