Monday, September 19, 2011

"Things that matter most..."

This past weekend I had the opportunity to go up in the mountains with my wife and kids. The scenery was "awe inspiring". We were up at Smith and Morehouse reservoir. It is one of the most beautiful places I've been. While we were there we did some fishing. I was sitting on a rock with my 3 year old Brynlie helping her cast the pole and reel in the fly on the end of her line. We hooked a fish. Brynlie reeled it in. As we went to the water's edge and pulled the fish out of the water there was a squeal of excitement and laughter. I pulled the fish out of the water and Brynlie put her hands around the fish, with the same excitement in her voice she said, "I got one." You could not pay me any amount of money to trade for that experience. I have four beautiful daughters and a gorgeous wife whose beauty surpass the beauty of the scenery I was experiencing up in the mountains. I treasure moments like these. In such a busy world, do you take time to notice the precious moments around you?

Click on this link in this post and watch this video. It is remarkable and powerful. There are a lot of hidden messages in here that touched me significantly. Stop, pause and notice before you run.

http://lds.org/pages/mormon-messages-gallery?lang=eng#moments-that-matter-most

No comments: