Wednesday, January 5, 2011

SMTD

Last night before family prayers, my daughter had fallen to sleep. I was trying to wake her up to come say prayers. It was one of those moments, where it did not matter what tactics I used, she was not coming. So, we ended up doing them without her. This morning she came into my office and I asked her what happened last night. She started commenting on me missing our PPI (personal priesthood interview) last Sunday. She said there should be a book that tells you what to do when kids act the way she did last night. Then she said that I needed to spend a whole day with her alone. She said instead of calling it PPI, they should call it SMTD. I asked her what that stood for. She said, "Spend More Time with Dad." This meant a lot to me, and I thought it was important to write down and share. Always be ready to catch golden nuggets that your kids drop here and there. This was one I was given this morning.

No comments: