Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Be Positive.

So, I just need to comment on my Friday night, in a tent with my girls. I gave Linsey the warmest sleeping bag. She chose to sleep by Ashley on the ground and not on the air mattress. First thing in the night, Alissa keeps rolling out of her sleeping bag. So I end up by her, keeping her sleeping bag and blanket on her to keep her warm. Now I'm getting all comfortable and ready to go to sleep. I then hear Linsey say, "Dad, this isn't the warmest sleeping bag, it is the coldest sleeping bag in the world!" I told here to come lay by me. She gets into my sleeping bag. Now we are squished. Linsey says, "I'm squished, I'm hot.... Dad, I've got to go the bathroom, my stomach hurts, I think I'm going to throw up." At this point, I'm not sure what time it is in the middle of the night, and it is cold. We had all the girls use the bathroom before bed so this would not happen. Ashley then wakes up and says, "Dad, I've gotta go to the bathroom." So, I get up with Linsey and Ashley and we leave the tent in the middle of the night and head to use the bathroom. As we walk to the bathroom, Ashley comments on the stars. They were magnificent. It was a memory with my girls I'll never forget. Look for the positive - there is always one in everything.

1 comment:

Mark said...

Agreed look for the positive in everything! At least Melissa didn't chop all of her hair off. :)