Monday, August 3, 2009

What a great July!



This is me and my brother Mike on the Bear Lake golf course. We love going up to Bear Lake. We did it twice in July. The kids love playing on the beach, and especially going swimming in the pool. I had no stake calling meetings in July. It was really nice. Now it is August, and due to the lack of meetings in July, Aug is always really busy. I read a scripture this morning that is a good reminder on making sure we are not "slothful" and we keep the course. It is in Alma 37:46, where it reads:

46 O my son, do not let us be aslothful because of the beasiness of the cway; for so was it with our fathers; for so was it prepared for them, that if they would dlook they might elive; even so it is with us. The way is prepared, and if we will look we may live forever.

Even though we are facing tough economic times, it is still easy compared to other times and other places. It was a wake up call for me when I served in Portugal on a 2 year LDS mission. We really don't realize the easiness and all that we are blessed with in the United States. It is important to remember the often quoted scripture that states:

"If ye will keep my commandments ye shall cprosper in the land—but if ye keep not his commandments ye shall be cut off from his presence."


1 comment:

maustad said...

This reminds me of the talk given by L. Todd Christofferson, The Power of Covenants. A couple in Peru had lost all of their belongings in a devastating earthquake. Elder Nash of the seventy was there to help with relief efforts. After hearing this, Elder Nash noticed the couple was still smiling. The woman responded, "I have prayed and I am at peace. We have all we need. We have each other, we have our children, we are sealed in the temple, we have this marvelous church, and we have the Lord. We can build again with the Lord's help." Elder Christofferson noted that this illustration is a profound power that is much needed in our day and will become increasingly crucial in days ahead.